To often we get so caught up trying to make a living we forget to make a life. Here are a few life lessons that came from a collection of elderly . I love to sit and talk to people that have lived for so long. They have been thru so many different generations of change they see life from a different lens. Our lives in this present day are so fast pace so on the go and so computerized life is not the same quality. I want to share this list of small little life lessons to remember:
1. Life isn’t fair, but its still good!
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is to short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when your sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing then crying alone.
8. Save for things that matter.
9. It’s okay to get angry with God. He can take it.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s ok to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye… But don’t worry, God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breathe. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. What doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to be happy, But it’s all up to YOU and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion, Today is special.
22.Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, “In five years, will this matter?”
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive but don’t forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals everything! Give time Time TIME…
31. However good or bad a situation, it WILL change.
32. Believe in Miracles.
33. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most out of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative, dying young.
37. Your children only get one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Gout outside everyday. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. if we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
42. The best is yet to come…
43. Now matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.